The online editor Picnik has decided to move to Google+ in April. Since 2010 Picnik has been with Google products helping make happen public visual projects.
At this moment all "Premium features" in Picnik.com are free to use until it's closing date of April 19th 2012, as a Thank you to it's users.
How I started using Picnik
I am in the Fine Arts, and am self taught. Creating Fine Arts and being able to display it online, such as making a website or an online portfolio, are two very different areas in media that can be difficult for artists who are tuned into their specific craft.
I was pretty new to editors in 2005-6, and the first thing I downloaded was the gimp version for Adobe Photoshop, which ended without purchasing since at the time I expected the online Art portfolio project was going to be a smaller one. During that time to get some art "online" I photoshoped a few studies pretty horribly and tryed to slap it on with a background, some with a framed border.
The result was pretty off and I eventually took down the older attempts. While researching some online tutorials on Youtube on how to work with drawing Tablets, and other basics in Graphic Arts, I also looked into other editors for some of my new community projects that needed some fun visuals.
The searches brought me over the years to a long list of download-able Editing Freeware, Software for Pro-Graphic artists, also after awhile to new Open-source Software products, and online editors.
Some of the community projects were social groups and needed things like the group's profile image, and online banners and flyers for events. That's when I found and tested Picnik, comparing the editor with other online editors.
Picnik was in my opinion the best out of them all. The stickers that allowed people to play with shapes, the different fonts, the borders, all were very fun, and very helpful in making images and editing works.
I made so many playful visuals, buttons, banners, for the groups made for community and gave them away, which are still free in social groups and in some blogs. I can now after some time in editing and design, make various visuals for online Events, Topics, Discussions and more.
I also eventually edited photos in Picnik I took of my Art which were for my "life gallery" in my online portfolio. Graphic Arts is now another area of arts I can say I will grow in.
Picnik has been very useful and Thank you.
Artist Ione K. Birdman ~
Print Page - Home - Events - Local Weather - Hot Topics - Fun Facts
At this moment all "Premium features" in Picnik.com are free to use until it's closing date of April 19th 2012, as a Thank you to it's users.
How I started using Picnik
I am in the Fine Arts, and am self taught. Creating Fine Arts and being able to display it online, such as making a website or an online portfolio, are two very different areas in media that can be difficult for artists who are tuned into their specific craft.
I was pretty new to editors in 2005-6, and the first thing I downloaded was the gimp version for Adobe Photoshop, which ended without purchasing since at the time I expected the online Art portfolio project was going to be a smaller one. During that time to get some art "online" I photoshoped a few studies pretty horribly and tryed to slap it on with a background, some with a framed border.
The result was pretty off and I eventually took down the older attempts. While researching some online tutorials on Youtube on how to work with drawing Tablets, and other basics in Graphic Arts, I also looked into other editors for some of my new community projects that needed some fun visuals.
The searches brought me over the years to a long list of download-able Editing Freeware, Software for Pro-Graphic artists, also after awhile to new Open-source Software products, and online editors.
Some of the community projects were social groups and needed things like the group's profile image, and online banners and flyers for events. That's when I found and tested Picnik, comparing the editor with other online editors.
Picnik was in my opinion the best out of them all. The stickers that allowed people to play with shapes, the different fonts, the borders, all were very fun, and very helpful in making images and editing works.
I made so many playful visuals, buttons, banners, for the groups made for community and gave them away, which are still free in social groups and in some blogs. I can now after some time in editing and design, make various visuals for online Events, Topics, Discussions and more.
I also eventually edited photos in Picnik I took of my Art which were for my "life gallery" in my online portfolio. Graphic Arts is now another area of arts I can say I will grow in.
Picnik has been very useful and Thank you.
Artist Ione K. Birdman ~
Print Page - Home - Events - Local Weather - Hot Topics - Fun Facts
Posted in: 



























